Monday, January 08, 2007

SCHOOLS

All schools were all out of session for the entire time I was in Ghana and all I
passed were empty schoolyards everywhere. I don't have photos to show now, as we were only able to deliver supplies to the school administrators.

We made a stop at Jessie's house to sort the workbooks and story books and to pump up the soccer balls. In addition to the supplies, we had 76 soccer uniforms, mostly donated from the Montclair soccer club.





We visited two schools that were in Jessie's area. These were two schools that I had previously visited.

The Olivet School is a primary school with 350 students. Jessie originally took me to this school because of the reputation that the school has for integrity and

quality education. The administrator, Ms. Caroline, lived on the school site with her family in a very nice home. She is here with her parents in this photo.



The Next Generation School is a school for orphans in the area. Mr Stephen insisted that I pose with him in a traditional kente cloth.







Jessie says he will follow up and try to get some photos of the distribution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home