Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ghana Lolotor Nye


Is it the pineapple that brings me back? Ohhh, the sweetest pineapple anywhere on earth.

Is it the music that is everpresent in the air? It is too hot to move, but still your body insists that you dance.

Is it a simpler way of life that is closer to earth and community? In these times of a search for sustainable living, there is much we can learn from Africa.

As we search for ways to be human, Africa, mother of all people, can show us much.

Ghana, lolotor nye, my love, thank you for the joy that you bring into my life with every visit. The work I do with the TransCAP Foundation brings purpose to my visits. (
http://www.transcap.org/transafrica.htm) But my reason for returning is my family and friends there and the happiness that is found in every day.


It was also a great celebration while I was there. The Ghana@50 Jubilee was the 50th anniversary of independence from the UK. As the first colonial country in Africa to achieve independence, Ghana is the making the most of being the first to reach their 50th anniversary. It was a massive celebration. Flags and people were everywhere.



As you may know, I was taking contributions of clothing, medicine and cash prior to my departure.

I collected less cash this time, but I had more materials to bring. I carried 360 lbs of checked and carry-on luggage. Where did all this stuff go? Well, I didn't take many photos this time, but there are a couple short videos posted, so read on....

1 Comments:

Anonymous mike said...

Hey next time you are going to Ghana and need some contributions the users at www.viewghana.com will be more than happy to help

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home