Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What's Happening Now?

It is some months yet before I travel back to Africa, but my work there continues. I am trying to fund two student scholarships and medical supplies for HIV clinics.

At the Olivet primary school in Kisseman, Ghana, two students writing the best essays on the topic "How Can I Improve Health in My Village?" have been promised a 3-year scholarship to pay for their JSS education (grades 7,8 and 9).

There will be three, $50 payments through the school year for each student. Successful completion of a semester is required before each payment. The total for these two scholarships is $900.

Tax-deductible contributions to the TransCAP Foundation will be passed to me to administer this scholarchip program. 100% of your donation will go directly to Africa for this or other projects you wish to support.

As you know, I will also be purchasing medicine to take to HIV clinics in Botswana and Lesotho in December, as well as visiting schools with clothing and educational supplies. Then I am back in Ghana and Togo again in March 2008 for another charitable mission. Even small gifts are significant in these places.

You tax-deductible contributions go directly to people in need.
Thank you so much!


http://www.transcap.org/transafrica.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve ! I`ve read your blog , I think it`s a great work you do!
Is there some way I can help you and this organization ?? Sincerely, / Elmar , Sweden
you can contact me at :
fitelmar@gmail.com

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home